Baptism is an important milestone in your Christian walk. It is an outward expression of your inward confession and faith in Christ.
Why Should I Be Baptized?
- To follow the example set by Jesus. “At that time Jesus came from Nazareth and was baptized by John in the river.” Mark 1:9
- Because Christ commanded it. “Jesus said, ‘Go then, to all people everywhere and make them my disciples, baptize them in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, and then teach them to obey everything I have commanded you.’” Matthew 28:19-20
- It demonstrates that you really are a believer. “We know that we have come to know Him, if we obey His commands.” 1 John 2:3
We baptize every 4th Sunday at 11 a.m. You must ﬁrst complete an Ordinance of Baptism Class
We baptize every Wednesday at 7 p.m. and every Sunday at 11 a.m. You must first complete an Ordinance of Baptism Class.
Children are eligible for baptism if they meet the following requirements:
- Must be at least 6 ½ years old and turning 7 in the same calendar year.
- Must have a good understanding of the significance of baptism.
- Parents must be present during Baptism Class, if the child is under 10 years of age.
The Ordinance of Baptism Class consists of one session.
This class is offered on: Wednesdays, 8:00 p.m. Room CY200 & Sundays, 9:40 a.m. Room CY200
The class is approximately 45 minutes long and may be scheduled for an alternate time in special circumstances. Detailed instructions (e.g. what to bring, what to wear and what time to be present) are given during your class.
How do I register to be baptized?
To register for baptism, please contact the church office at 281-444-2733.