There are many ministry opportunities at Fallbrook and we would love to have you serving with us! A ministry volunteer is defined as an individual who freely gives their time and talents to assist Fallbrook Church in the accomplishment of its mission without expectation or receipt of financial compensation.
Ten Reasons to Serve
- God commands all His children to serve.
- You benefit from the ministry that’s serving you.
- Spiritual gifts are to be used in service to others.
- The church is properly built up only when all members are serving.
- Serving allows you to enhance your own spiritual development.
- Serving others is your tangible demonstration of your love and gratitude towards God.
- Serving helps to keep you humble.
- Your service creates a stronger means through which God can continue to minister to you.
- You reflect the character of Jesus Christ through serving.
- You glorify God through your faithful service.
Important Qualities of a Volunteer
- Value. Sees the God-given value in every person and seeks to serve and minister to each person in such a way as to reflect the significance that God places on them.
- Opportunity. Sees ministry as an opportunity to positively impact the lives of others and advance the Kingdom of God through his/her service.
- Loving. Serves in such a way that people know and feel God’s love and care by how the ministry attends them.
- Unity. Seeks to promote and protect the unity of the church by serving with others toward accomplishing the ministry’s shared vision and mission.
- Nurturing. Uses every opportunity to encourage and support those to whom they are called to minister.
- Trustworthy. Can be depended on to handle confidential matters appropriately so that the best interest of the church and its members are protected.
- Ethical. Committed to live and function with the highest ethical standards so that no dishonor is brought to God’s name or the church.
- Excellence. Committed to offer superior service to those to whom they minister so that God’s glory is being reflected through their ministry.
- Reliable. Can be depended on to faithfully fulfill their ministry obligations in a timely fashion while maintaining high level communication with their Deacon and Staff Liaison.
- Servanthood. Strive to go the extra mile in their service to others so that the church can have a maximum impact in the lives of those we serve.