Why Should I Be Baptized?
- To follow the example set by Jesus. “At that time Jesus came from Nazareth and was baptized by John in the river.” Mark 1:9
- Because Christ commanded it. “Jesus said, ‘Go then, to all people everywhere and make them my disciples, baptize them in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, and then teach them to obey everything I have commanded you.’” Matthew 28:19-20
- It demonstrates that you really are a believer. “We know that we have come to know Him, if we obey His commands.” 1 John 2:3
We baptize on 4th Sundays at 11 a.m. In order to be baptized, you must first complete an Ordinance of Baptism Class.
Children are eligible for baptism if they meet the following requirements:
- Must be at least 6 ½ years old and turning 7 in the same calendar year.
- Must have a good understanding of the significance of baptism.
The Ordinance of Baptism Class (6th Grade - Adult) consists of one session on Sundays at 9:40 a.m. in Room CY 200.
The class is approximately 45 minutes long and may be scheduled for an alternate time in special circumstances. Detailed instructions (e.g. what to bring, what to wear and what time to be present) are given during your class.
The Children's Ordinance of Baptism Class (1st through 5th Grade) consists of four sessions on Sundays at 9:40 a.m. in Room CY 208.
The class is approximately 45 minutes long. Detailed instructions (e.g. what to bring, what to wear and what time to be present) are given on the last day of class.
How do I register to be baptized?
To register for baptism, please contact the church office at 281-444-2733.